- The Business Academy Vienna offers academic education and training in cooperation with universities and universities of applied sciences.
- The aim of the different university study programmes (MBAs or academic courses), the courses with certificates and the graduate und certified study programmes is to deliver high quality continuing academic education for adults, that is flexible in time and place.
- A study programme consists of different single courses. The scientific board of advisers of each department supervises the study programmes content and the curricula (e.g. goal, content and extent of the educational material, lecturers, exam regulations, concept of supervision) regularly. The courses are taught by professional lecturers.
- To finish a single course at the Business Academy Vienna. 150 hours of course attendance (online learning platform, substantial participation in the discussion forum, learning videos, audio books, elaborating case studies, quiz etc.) and 200 hours self-studying/work time/exam preparation (adds up to 350 hours of coursework) which is required to graduate.
- For courses at the Business Academy Vienna, no credits can be obtained at other universities and universities of applied sciences.
- Your employer, funding bodies and government agencies can request detailed information on your curricula, concepts of supervision and exam regulations from our course guidance counselors or from the course administration. The scientific board of advisers is available for questions relating to the content of our educational programmes.
Course information for the professional education programme (example)
- Name of the study programme: Graduate Business Economist
- Length of the study programme: 2 semester
- Weekly amount of time needed: 20-25 hours/week on average
- Workload for a single course:
1 course requires:
150 hours attendance (online learning platform, substantial participation in the discussion forum, learning videos, audio books, elaborating case studies, quizzes etc.) and 200 hours of self-studying/working time/exam preparation
= 350 hours workload per course / required coursework
- Workload for the study programme:
the whole study programme requires:
150 hours attendance for each course (online learning platform) and
200 hours of self-studying/working time/exam preparation for each course
= 2.450 hours workload for the study programme
= equals an academic achievement of 42 ECTS
- The courses at Business Academy Vienna are taught by lecturers from recognised universities and universities of applied sciences: http://wirtschaftsakademie-wien.at/dozenten/
- Scientific Advisory Board: http://wirtschaftsakademie-wien.at/wissenschaftlicher-beirat/
- Development of new courses and didactics are taking place in cooperation with universities and universities of applied sciences.
- Establishment of a scientific advisory board consisting of business and industry experts for the respective subject-specific study programmes, scientists and lecturers from universities, universities of applied sciences and academies in the field of business economics, law, generally sworn and jurisdictionally certified experts, accountants, consultants from the fields of business informatics, health and social services, media and communication, marketing experts, real estate industry, banking and finance, who advise on the further development of the curriculum, the didactic concept and other quality-improving measures.
- Regular surveys done at companies on course contents, suggested adjustments and extensions of course segments.
- Annual review and updating of all course materials used, relevance of the case studies in connection with the scientifically taught course content and review of the examination modalities.
- Regular evaluation of all modules by the students.
- Regular analysis of the applicants’ motivational letters.
- Regular analysis of the experience reports submitted by active students.
- Interview of graduates twelve months after completion of the study programme in form of a career development questionnaire.
- Results of the evaluations are systemically documented for the purpose of continuous quality improvement and further development of the study program and regularly evaluated by the academic management in order to derive timely measures for quality assurance and refinement.
AMC Business Academy Vienna GmbH, Mariahilfer Straße 136, 1150 Vienna
Business Academy Vienna: http://wirtschaftsakademie-wien.at
Academy for Health Professions Vienna: http://www.gesundheit-studium.at
Academy for Real Estate Managers/Agents : http://akademischer-immobilienmanager.at
Academical E-Learning with University Courses: http://mba-studium.at
Social Academy Vienna: https://mba-studium.at/sozialakademie
Academy for Online Marketing http://aom.at